CAFÉ TEAM MEMBER/CASHIER
The qualified applicant will maintain frontline position in the Café accepting payment for orders and food as well as helping with food preparing, cooking and serving food while adhering to all food handling and food safety requirements when needed. Selected applicant will be able to process merchandise transactions, returns, refunds, and exchanges. Complete customer purchases by scanning merchandise or inputting price into register quickly and accurately. Verify cash drawer at beginning, and ending, of shift. Operate cash register, receiving payments (cash, checks, or charges) from customers for food orders. Make change and issue receipts or tickets to customers. Control, organize, monitor, and maintain appropriate cash levels in cash drawer. Greet customer at beginning of transaction. Date, label, and rotate all items according to company standards. Maintain cleanliness of work areas and serving areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Greet and service guests at the registers, basic knowledge of point-of-sale transactions, accepting payments, handling cash, debit and credit cards.
- Cleaning up and resetting tables for next customer, bussing and taking plates, utensils and drinkware to the kitchen to be washed, restocking utensils and napkin holders and other dining room needs.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas, stock cupboards and refrigerators, and tend salad bars and buffet meals.
- Dishwashing and proper cleaning of all equipment and work stations, mop all areas in assigned departments, sweeping, disposing of trash, and wiping counters and tables.
- Follow proper food handling procedures, possess basic knowledge in the use and maintenance of various kitchen operations including but not limited to: Grill, Fryer, Oven, Microwave, etc.
- Preparing a variety of Grab and Go items, according to supervisors' instructions and following approved procedures when needed, and store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Set up and take down of food and beverages in buffet line, freezers and soda vending machines. Properly storing of food at the end of the day in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage, portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- Complete closing duties, including register closing procedures, storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- High School diploma / G.E.D equivalent
- At least one year of related work experience
- Hold, or be able to obtain, a current and valid food handlers permit
- Exceptional attention to detail and safety procedures
- Significant knowledge and skills pertaining to kitchen operations
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Ensure uniform/dress code and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge in math while handling money for customers and taking stock of supplies, the ability quick ability to add and subtract quickly is necessary.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work weekends, some nights, holidays and extended hours.
- Extraordinary customer service skills in accordance with our Museum Show Quality Standards, good listening and effective communication skills with customers in a professional and friendly manner while offering quick service; creating a great dining experience for customers.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE FORT WORTH MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND HISTORY!