Peter D. Parks was awarded the Gordon E. Sawyer Award at the 2003 Academy Awards for his work on Bugs! A Rainforest Adventure.
Human Resources Assistant – Part time (hourly)
The Human Resources team is seeking a part time Human Resources Assistant to help with employee relations, volunteers and applicants. The HR Assistant will assist with be exposed to most functions of Human Resources including recruiting, recognition, compensation and benefits while assisting with basic day to day functions. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail with some HR knowledge and experience. Duties may include processing and handling of employment records, payroll support, answering phones, scheduling interviews and meetings, training and event planning, filing papers, copying, scanning and packet assembly, mail outs and distribution, communications and bulletin boards such as posters and flyers, and data entry.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality in the office and throughout the workplace
- Assist the Human Resources team in day to day, monthly and quarterly tasks and reporting
- Work closely with all departments and staff as support to the HR team
- Assist with data entry into volunteer database and new hire information into Abila during onboarding.
- Assist with correspondence to applicants as needed, manage, file and purge all applications/resumes and assist with the processing of new hires
- Assist with keeping neat and orderly maintenance of files and archiving old records and/or reports as needed
- Assist with responses to employment verifications.
- Assist with donation request records and sending letters for employee recognition
- Assist with circulating monthly announcements such as birthdays and anniversaries, new hire announcements, Rising Stars nominations, meeting minutes, new phone list etc.
- Assists with new employee background checks
- Assists with updating spreadsheets and employee change requests, processes related paperwork as needed
- Assists with scheduling meetings and interviews as requested by HR Manager
- Assists with processing mail
- Assist in handling and coordinating all employee events, meetings and functions
- Maintain supplies and place orders as needed for the office as well as planned events
- Record meeting minutes and keep running record for archival purposes
- Create and maintain training material packets for SQS training, Supervisor 101, Safety and New Hire orientation and other training as needed throughout the year
- Maintain uniform distribution, inventory and ordering
- Attend Job Fairs as needed as support to HR team
High school or equivalent education required. Human Resources certified, degreed in HR or pursuing related degree preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, speaks clearly and in positive or negative situations
Intermediate experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Abila or other Payroll and other applicable database programs helpful.
Knowledge of company policies/procedures & benefit package or the ability & willingness to learn.
Strong organizational skills
Basic knowledge of office equipment, phones, voicemail, scanner, fax and high capacity, multi-functioning copier
Ability to effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations
Ability to meet deadlines
Excellent interpersonal skills, while maintaining confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
Planning, organizing, prioritizing and multi-tasking several work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Ability to actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE FORT WORTH MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND HISTORY!