Innovation Gallery and Studios Supervisor, Part-Time
The Studio Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of daily operations in Innovation Studios when the Manager and/or Coordinator are not on duty. This position assures day to day operational quality, SQS, and staff excellence in delivery of guest experience.
Reports to: Manager of Innovation Gallery and Studios
Basic Function and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Supervising Studio operations and staff when Manager is not on duty including:
- Opening and closing the Studios and exhibit gallery
- Executing safety and emergency procedures as needed
- Overseeing and implementing daily educational floor programming
- Maintaining museum standards of appearance for the Studios
- Communicates regularly with Manager of Innovation Studios or Studio Coordinator to cover reports of:
- Daily Operations and Maintenance of Studios
- Consumable Supply Levels
- Studio Usage and Programming Schedule
- Provides input to Manager of Innovation Studios regarding educational programming ideas
- Learning exhibit content and activities that are based in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design, and Math) and sharing them in exciting and creative ways with diverse audiences
- Using an inquiry-based approach to engage guests in active learning experiences
- Proactively seeking out guests and initiating conversations to provide exceptional guest experience
- Participating in both Studio team meetings and trainings/professional developments
- Professionally represent the museum and its mission to guests
- Being a fun, creative, and active member of the Innovation Studios Team and contribute positively to its team culture
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a background or interest in education, science, history, theatre or related field strongly preferred
- Comfortable learning a wide variety of content both in the work space and independently, including but not limited to: science, history, technology, engineering, art, and design
- Confident interacting with diverse groups of all sizes, including varying ages, backgrounds, knowledge levels, learning styles, and special needs.
- Ability to positively meet challenges in an ever changing environment with creativity and flexibility
- Can work independently to identify jobs that needs to be done and follow through with little direction, while being able to work cooperatively with and lead other team members
- Fluency in languages beyond English a plus (Spanish preferred)
- Proven ability to respond and make good decisions under pressure
- Ability to be active for extended periods of time, as well as frequent bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting. Candidates must also possess the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Schedule and Hours:
- This position’s work week is Sunday afternoon and Monday.
- Supervisor may be asked to be onsite during special events in evenings or on weekends or take additional shifts as staffing needs fluctuate.
- Because museum attendance fluctuates seasonally, vacation is not scheduled during Spring Break week, Thanksgiving week, and the week after Christmas Day with rare exception.